Doers Wanted. Dreamers Encouraged.
Foresight Intelligence® is an established company seeking a Senior Technology and Application Manager. Our Senior Technology and Application Manager performs a wide range of job duties utilizing technical know-how and an exceptional, pro-active customer service approach, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction. Responsible for building and managing a technical team, the Senior Technology and Application Manager is a working manager role and maintains a very hands-on focus for technology matters combined with an affinity for solving complex technical issues and delivering projects on time and within budget. Provides direction and oversight of the daily activities of project teams. This senior level technical role allows for utilization of both strong interpersonal/communication skills and superior technical skills to manage the entire lifecycle of complex customer projects, offering the ability to see your work product in action.
REPORTS TO: Vice President Operations
This role is much like running a business in that it combines big picture strategy as well as the minute details. Foresight culture is that of spirited team players in an environment energized by innovation and continuous improvement. We truly believe it takes an entire team united behind something big. So together, we work hard, we have fun, we brainstorm, we love ideas and we give high-fives in the hallway. Foresight Intelligence employees are encouraged to take a high degree of ownership and improve continuously. We work in an environment where your voice matters and where your actions have a direct positive impact on the team and the customer. There will be some long days and some tremendous challenges, but the reward is the in the result.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, evaluate and recommend appropriate technologies and strategies for building products and delivering services.
- Manage complex projects, including providing direction and oversight of the day to day assignments of solutions consultants for the entire product life cycle. Consult with customers on custom project requests, gather specifications, document statements of work/quotes for clients, develop and validate reports, coordinate with development team to implement specific requests, test, deliver and close projects.
- Serve as the escalation point in the organization for all technical issues and development.
- Build and manage a technical team. Train/mentor new hires in our internal systems and processes.
- Attend conferences to showcase our software and meet face-to-face with existing and potential customers, as needed.
- Develop written technical manuals/materials as necessary.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, or related area. An advanced degree in one of these fields is a plus.
- 7 to 10 years of technical experience, including infrastructure, development, SDLC and database.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to build and develop a technical team.
- Innovative, self-motivated and self-directed with keen attention to detail, exceptional service orientation and the ability to motivate others in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work directly with customers, understanding and fulfilling their needs in a competent manner.
- Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications.
- Expert with C# and SQL.
- Experience with Microsoft system administration and web server configuration.
- Knowledge of internet protocols, database management systems, revision control systems, information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Experience with financial reporting and a business understanding of the underlying data.
- Ability to follow through to completion both your own projects and those of others.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, step outside your own comfort zone and handle unfamiliar challenges enthusiastically.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Foresight Intelligence pays 100% Employee-Only Premiums – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Enrollment in Stock Appreciation Rights Plan
- Health Savings Account with Employer Contribution
- 401(k) with Employer Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Recognition
- Weekly Team Lunch
- Fully Stocked Break Room