We are kicking off a telematics revolution in the construction industry and beyond. Our company is self-funded. Decisions can be made in minutes. We are looking for highly talented people to help us expand our newest startup product: Fleet Intelligence(FI). FI, a telematics solution, is less than two years old and has already received major industry endorsements. Rapid innovation in the product and processes means we are doing many things that have not been done before. To facilitate FI growth, we need to constantly evolve our product, processes, systems, messaging, methodologies, strategies and tactics. Priorities get rearranged every week day. We thrive on creativity, innovation, problem solving, and energy drinks (provided by company, of course). We’re building a mighty machine to process massive data in a world where a .01 second lag is too great. The upside potential is enormous, the timing is perfect, the work is hard and the pace is fast. As a team we accomplish more in one day than what the average team can accomplish in one week while having a great time. We are on the journey together and each person is able to place their footprint on history in the making. If reaching Big Hairy Audacious Goals (BHAGs) gets your adrenaline pumping, come join us!
Our Data Engineer performs a wide range of job duties utilizing technical know-how and an exceptional, pro-active customer service approach, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction. Maintains a very hands-on focus for technology matters combined with an affinity for solving complex technical issues and delivering projects on time and within budget.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, evaluate and recommend appropriate technologies and strategies for building products and delivering services, from a database perspective.
- Assist in design and development of database systems.
- Secure the database and ensure its integrity.
- Establish the needs of users and monitor the user-access model; control access permissions and privileges.
- Develop databases functions, scripts, stored procedures, etc. to collect, process and present data.
- Monitor performance and manage parameters of the database and provide fast query responses to front-end users.
- Synchronize the conceptual design with the actual database.
- Enhance and refine the logical design of the database.
- Ensure appropriate system storage requirements.
- Update the database by installing and testing new versions of the DBMS.
- Develop and manage backups and construct recovery plans.
- Create physical and logical database models according to business needs or requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to sort out database related issues, identify errors and then resolve in a proper way.
- Prepare documentation related to the database.
- Work with DBAs to manage the company databases effectively.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or related field, or equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities in software engineering.
- 5+ years of technical experience in a database engineering role.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Expert with MS-SQL; familiarity with C# programming concepts.
- Innovative, self-motivated and self-directed with keen attention to detail, exceptional service orientation
- Ability to work directly with customers, understanding and fulfilling their needs in a competent manner.
- Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications.
- Experience with Microsoft system administration and web server configuration.
- Knowledge of internet protocols, database management systems, revision control systems, information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Possessing a business understanding of the underlying data.
- Ability to follow projects through to completion.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, step outside your own comfort zone and handle unfamiliar challenges enthusiastically.
- Enjoys work (overcoming obstacles is fun), loves to help people and can work well independently or in groups.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Foresight Intelligence pays 100% Employee-Only Premiums – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Enrollment in Stock Appreciation Rights Plan
- Health Savings Account with Employer Contribution
- 401(k) with Employer Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Recognition
- Weekly Team Lunch
- Fully Stocked Break Room