We are kicking off a telematics revolution in the construction industry and beyond. Our company is self-funded. Decisions can be made in minutes. We are looking for highly talented people to help us expand our newest startup product: Fleet Intelligence(FI). FI, a telematics solution, is less than two years old and has already received major industry endorsements. Rapid innovation in the product and processes means we are doing many things that have not been done before. To facilitate FI growth, we need to constantly evolve our product, processes, systems, messaging, methodologies, strategies and tactics. Priorities get rearranged every week day. We thrive on creativity, innovation, problem solving, and energy drinks (provided by company, of course). We’re building a mighty machine to process massive data in a world where a .01 second lag is too great. The upside potential is enormous, the timing is perfect, the work is hard and the pace is fast. As a team we accomplish more in one day than what the average team can accomplish in one week while having a great time. We are on the journey together and each person is able to place their footprint on history in the making. If reaching Big Hairy Audacious Goals (BHAGs) gets your adrenaline pumping, come join us!
REPORTS TO: Vice President-Operations
Our Business Analyst | QA Analyst will take ownership of analyzing, building, testing and deploying Foresight Intelligence software and features. The Foresight technical team will rely on our Business Analyst | QA Analyst as a trusted resource for timely and accurate analysis and quality assurance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define configuration specifications and business analysis requirements.
- Define reporting and alerting requirements
- Create wire frames
- Own and develop relationship with partners, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration
- Help design, document and maintain system processes and functionality including UI
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to product team
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer
- Train team and/or customers on newly developed functionality
- Backend database testing in Microsoft SQL environment including validating stored procedures, jobs and triggers.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Other duties as required/assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineering or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
- 5 years previous experience in business/systems analysis and quality assurance
- Solid experience in writing SQL queries
- Proven success with UI design
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
- Basic knowledge in generating process documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables – ensures the ability to find the bad defects and bugs quickly
- Creative solving of technical problems – to ensure the ability to translate technical requirements and test plans
- Strong problem-solving skills, results orientation and common sense
- Ability to follow projects through to completion, adhering to tight timelines
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, step outside your own comfort zone and handle unfamiliar challenges enthusiastically
- Enjoys work (overcoming obstacles is fun!), loves to help people and can work well independently or in groups
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Foresight Intelligence pays 100% Employee-Only Premiums – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Enrollment in Stock Appreciation Rights Plan
- Health Savings Account with Employer Contribution
- 401(k) with Employer Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Recognition
- Weekly Team Lunch
- Fully Stocked Break Room